Southwest Human Development • 2850 N. 24th Street • Phoenix, Arizona 85008 • (602) 266-5976 • swhd.org
We are seeking a Grants Specialist for corporate and foundation grants.
Working in collaboration with the grants manager, the development team, program staff and others, the Grants Specialist:
- Researches grant opportunities relevant to program needs
- Conducts research with key stakeholders to verify grant matches and recommend action
- Prepares and writes grant applications, using information provided by program staff, in accordance with requirements of funder
- Submits grant applications and tracks status
- Prepares grant reports using information gathered from program staff
- Organizes all relevant contact information, boilerplate language, data and funder information in centralized files for future reference.
Position is offered full-time (flexible 30 or 40 hours per week depending on experience, level of skill, level of capacity for high volume work plan, etc.) with a salary range of about $35,000 per year, and an excellent benefits package (visit https://www.swhd.org/about-us/careers/ for a detailed list). Job location is in central Phoenix. Work environment is open space, in an organization with the resources to ensure maximum success. Southwest Human Development is an equal opportunity employer.
Bachelor’s degree; previous nonprofit grant writing and prospect research experience; strong writing, proofreading, communication and analytical skills; proficiency in Microsoft Office; and experience with grants research databases and donor databases (e-Tapestry preferred). Valid Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card OR must qualify for a valid Arizona Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card.
TO INQUIRE: Lisa Olivas-Cook, Grants Manager
602-633-8178 / firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply: Online at https://www.swhd.org/about-us/careers/
Job Code: 09-5206, posted 5/1/18
Please provide a resume with salary history, and a cover letter describing what has inspired you to apply for the position, and specifying how your education, experience, and unique talents, skills and abilities align with the qualifications specified above.
Deadline: Applications accepted until position is filled.