Job Title: Grants Manager
Job Status: Exempt
Supervisor: Chief Development Officer
Agency Description: On any given day, more than 5,000 people in Maricopa County experience homelessness. Since 1984, Central Arizona Shelter Services (CASS) has provided safety from the streets and offered supportive services to end homelessness one person at a time. Annually, CASS serves nearly 6,000 people a year at our downtown adult shelter and our family shelter – Vista Colina. Veterans, senior citizens, youth, families, men, and women all find support they need at CASS.
Job Summary: Manage new and existing grants for CASS. Prepare proposals and grant applications for both the public and private sectors. Conduct prospect research, manage the grant database, coordinate funder reports, and cultivate funder relationships.
1. Identify funding needs of CASS, and, in conjunction with leadership, develop corresponding funding strategies;
2. Generate government and private sector grant revenue through timely submission of well-researched, well-written and well-documented fundraising proposals;
3. Research and qualify new government and private funding prospects;
4. Initiate and maintain contact with a pool of current and potential grantors and foundations;
5. Manage the grant tracking system for the timely submission of proposals and reports;
6. Maintain current common support documents / information needed for proposals. Develop case statements and support materials;
7. Maintain a current agency profile with commonly used statistics, facts, research, and outcomes;
8. Maintain copies of electronic files and all required hard copies for all proposals and funders;
9. Work with the finance department to ensure correct coding of funds; work with development department to ensure Donor Perfect and Constant Contact databases are updated with funder information;
10. Create thank you letters to grantors and a sustainable process to ensure the letters are send timely. Make personal phone calls to funders to thank them and invite to tour;
11. Coordinate stewardship opportunities for funders;
12. Manage grant reporting:
a. Funds secured, quarterly pipeline projections;
b. Funder report schedules and requirements.
1. Conduct agency tours of CASS facilities;
2. Perform other duties as required.
1. Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Public Relations, Nonprofit Management or closely related field and a minimum of three year of grant writing experience with background in government and private grants;
2. Advanced proficiency in Word, Excel and Outlook calendaring; HMIS experience is strongly preferred;
3. State of Arizona Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card or the ability to obtain one.
1. Superior organizational skills and attention to detail; ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet multiple deadlines;
2. Excellent written and verbal communications skills and the ability to engage and effectively communicate with a broad range of individuals;
1. Adaptable, curious and articulate;
2. Commitment to a positive, solution-focused work environment and the clear intention to meet agency expectations.
Physical Activities and Working Conditions
1. Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, moving from building to building;
2. Sitting at a desk for extended periods of time to accomplish tasks;
3. Ability to lift, carry, push or pull objects up to 15 pounds unassisted;
4. Manual dexterity in order to use keyboard and mouse;
5. Close visual acuity to prepare and analyze reports and data;
6. Visual acuity to operate a motor vehicle.
To Apply Please submit your cover letter and resume to
Terri Perillo, Chief Development Officer
Central Arizona Shelter Services (CASS)
230 S. 12th Avenue